Improve the VOLUME, SHAPE and DEFINITION of your facial structure.
Dermal Fillers are injectable products which are used to reduce the signs of ageing, typically in the face.
Dermal fillers in one form or another have a long history in cosmetic medicine. They have undergone many refinements over the years and today are considered to be incredibly safe, reliable, and effective.
There are many different types and brands of ‘filler’ on the market with more being developed all the time. However, at Dermaskin we only use clinically established dermal fillers, with proven records of success.
HOW can we use Dermal Fillers
♦ Dermal Fillers can ENHANCE facial structures!
As we age, our facial fat cells reduce in number and collagen production slows causing our face to lose volume, and that fresh ‘plumpness’ of youth to slowly disappear.
Cheekbones seem sharper, cheeks more hollow. Eyes appear more sunken. Lips lose their fullness. Without the underlying support to hold it taut the skin begins to sag, causing folds and wrinkles to form.
This is where Dermal Fillers come in to their own.
The filler is injected under the skin and promotes support and structure to areas where volume has already been lost.
If you need them to, Dermal Fillers can ‘lift’ your ageing face.
♦ Dermal Fillers can CHANGE facial structures!
For many people their main interest in Dermal Fillers is not as an anti-ageing tool at all, instead they want to ‘correct’ the shape of part of their face that bothers them.
Some people want to have fuller lips or correct a ‘weak’ chin. Others want to enhance their cheek bones or have deep acne scars evened out.
An advanced practitioner can actually use Dermal Fillers to SCULPT a new facial shape.
If you need them to, Dermal Fillers can give you a whole new ‘look’.
♦ Dermal Fillers can reduce DEEP expression lines!
As a first line defence against frown lines, crows feet and all other expression lines we typically advise Cosmetic Botox Treatment. But sometimes, Botox is not enough to eliminate the deeper (already established) lines. This is where Dermal Fillers can support Botox Treatment.
The Botox Treatment reduces further deepening of the wrinkle and the Dermal Filler plumps up the area so the wrinkle appears less visible. Dermal Fillers and Botox are an incredible team!
If you need them to, Dermal Fillers can work alongside Botox to reduce deep lines.
♦Dermal Fillers can actually promote collagen production!
One of our fillers here at Dermaskin works by encouraging your own body to increase the amount of collagen it makes.
Sculptra is an advanced filler which plumps up a targeted area over a few months by actively stimulating collagen production.
If you need them to, Dermal Fillers can promote youthful facial volume.
Which Dermal Fillers does Dermaskin offer
♦ Hylauronic Acid Fillers: Restylane & Juvederm
Both of these fillers have been used by millions of patients worldwide. They are made from hyaluronic acid, which already naturally exists in our skin.
Hylauronic acid is what gives our skin its youthful suppleness and keeps it plumped up with moisture. Unfortunately, as we age our hyaluronic acid diminishes.
Having a treatment with Restylane or Juvederm means that hyaluronic acid is added back into the skin and volume can be restored. The effect is immediate!
Restylane and Juvederm fillers work in a very similar way.
• Injected just under the skin surface.
• Their effects last approximately 9-12 months.
• One treatment in a particular area is enough to see results.
• Good for ‘static wrinkles’ from expression lines.
• Good for very specific areas (e.g. acne scars).
♦ Biostimulator Fillers: Radiesse & Sculptra
These fillers are considered specialist ‘advanced fillers’ and are injected deep into the skin. They work in a different way to the hyaluronic-based fillers.
Radiesse is concerned with VOLUME REPLACEMENT
• Immediate results
• Lasts around 12 months
• One treatment session will be enough to see results.
• Strong ‘lifting agent’
• Good for discrete areas which need a significant boost of volume e.g. deep nasiolabial lines.
Sculptra is concerned with VOLUME ENHANCEMENT.
• Delayed results: works by stimulating the natural production of collagen in the body. This can take 3-4 months.
• Can last up to two years!
• Multiple treatments over a few months are needed to get the best results
• Known as the Liquid Face Lift!
• Good for generally enhancing facial volume.
The different fillers have different strengths and limitations. Some provide an immediate result, some develop over time, some are best for a very targeted treatment and some come into their own when used to enhance multiple areas. At Dermaskin Clinics we are specialists in Dermal Fillers so you can rest assured you will be offered the most appropriate treatment there is.
Step 1: Facial assessment evaluation
• The specialist Dermaskin clinician will evaluate your appearance and examine the areas that are to be treated.
• Strategic points on your face may be marked as target injection sites.
• Photographs may be taken.
Step 2: Cleansing and numbing
• The injection sites will be cleansed with an antibacterial agent.
• If needed a local anaesthetic or icing may be used to numb pain receptors at the injection site. Juvederm and Restylane Dermal Fillers already contain a local anaesthetic and do not require further pain prevention.
Step 3: The injection
• Injections usually take a few seconds in each site.
• The filler is injected under the skin.
• Results are evaluated and additional filler may be added if necessary
• Treatment time depends on the number of areas being treated – anything from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
Step 4: Clean up and recovery
• Once your Dermaskin clinician is satisfied with the results any injection site markings will be wiped off.
• The area may feel tender for a day or two but you are free to apply makeup and creams as normal.
Who shouldn’t use Dermal Fillers
• Has known hypersensitivity to the ingredients (this will be established at your pre-treatment evaluation)
• Has hypertrophic scarring
• Infection at the proposed infection site
• Is pregnant or breast feeding
“Dermal Fillers are seen as a perfect companion treatment for Cosmetic Botox. Together they work incredibly well to lift, freshen and enhance the whole face.”